BRPC Minutes Apr 2011

Minutes of the meeting held on 13th April, 2011, at the Scout HQ., Cromer Road, Beeston Regis – commencing at 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Beckley, D.Thompson, Mrs.M.Wright, M.Church, P.Kemp, H.Roper, Mrs.M.Roffe and the Clerk. Also present were PCSO.G.Baxter, and three members of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies:
Apologies were received and accepted from B.Hill and G.Dyson. Apologies were also received from B.Hannah (NCC).

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items:
None received.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 9/3/11:
These had already been circulated & were accepted as a true record, Prop:DT, Sec:RB

3a. Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items)
No requests to speak.

At the Chair’s suggestion it was agreed to take item 12 next.

12. Review of Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl.Police Report):
PCSO. Baxter reported that there had been three domestic incidents since the last meeting. He thanked the PC for the copy of the Questionnaire results and stated that the police would be acting on some of the findings. He noted that parishioners did not use computers very often and therefore the police message needed to be put across in other ways. He reminded members of the success of the local SNT and again stated that crime in the village was relatively low. Further speed checks will be carried out in the village and he would refer to this and other matters when he attended the annual parish meeting. The Chair thanked him for the report. PCSO Baxter left the meeting.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
The current bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £558, and A/C 10162140 £5890. The following payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved :-
C.Allen £70.00, P.Bullimore £327.48, W.Runton Scouts £25.00, Secret Gardens £55.00, NALC £173.84, and Norfolk RCC £25.00 (Prop: MR, Sec: PK)
The Clerk informed members that the Annual Financial Returns had just been received and the accounts to 31/3/11 would probably be available at the next meeting.

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC since last meeting:
Nothing received.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed:
None received.

(h) LDF – To note newly adopted documents:
It was noted that NNDC formally adopted, on 23rd February 2011, the Site Allocation Development Plan and a new Core Strategy Policy for the Conversion and Re-use of Rural Buildings as Dwellings. Details would be circulated to members.
(k) To further consider Affordable Housing:
The Clerk had nothing further to report and he was instructed to write requesting a reply to the PC’s letter of 22/1/11 enquiring about the availability of land
(m) To consider PC’s responsibilities re the AONB:
These had been duly considered.
(n) To consider licences issued by NNDC/NCC in the parish (RB):
RB reported that he hoped to complete the lists for the next meeting.

6. To consider Highways and Footpath Matters:
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :-
A letter had been received from a parishioner (Abbey Pk) re the state of the pavement.
Hilltop had requested an approach be made to Highways regarding speeding vehicles.
A brief report regarding the “Highways Walkabout” on 31/3/11. (RB, MW, S.White)
“Highways Walkabout” – NCC Highways were happy overall with the state of the roads and footpaths in the village which supplied an answer to the letter mentioned above. S.White hoped to install “children warning” signs in the lay-by near the entrance to Hilltop which hopefully would reduce the speed of vehicles using that area. He confirmed that NCC was still intending to pay towards grass verge cutting which was recently taken on by the PC and would enquire whether the Rangers worked on the A149 bridge/footpaths during their last visit. He also confirmed that Highways would be carrying out the usual weed killing programme.
The Clerk was asked to make enquiries regarding a recently erected sign on the A148 near the junction with Britons Lane.
A vote of thanks was recorded to Colin Millington of Church Close who had recently, with RB, repaired the old stile and fence near the A149 bridge.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements):
The Clerk informed members that he had no new announcements.
RB/MW reported briefly on their attendance at the Hooke/Unknown Donor Charity.
RB gave a brief update regarding the sale of land in their ownership and also stated that he was to become the Charitys Treasurer.
PK gave a brief update regarding the Upcher Community Partnership and supplied information for circulation to members.

8. PC Assets:
(a) Report re Lighting by the Clerk:
The Clerk reported :-
The new light near 64, Priory Close was classed as a white light by the contractor. The Clerk was asked to write and remind the contractor to use white, cosmoplis lights.
A faulty light near 3, Britons Lane would have to be reported again (still out).
A request from a parishioner to have a light partially blocked out because of its brightness at nights would be considered (DT to investigate)

9a. To consider maintenance of ditch east of Beeston Common:
It was agreed to ask the Highways Engineer to look at a section of land between a footpath and the ditch to ascertain ownership/responsibility.
9d. To receive and consider update re village survey (Alternative Parish Plan):
The Chair had produced (a) an overview of the survey (b) a list of potential recipients and (c) action points for the PC. Some matters would be referred to the annual parish meeting on 27th April. The Clerk was instructed to send copies of the survey results to all people on the list (b) and also to Norfolk Green Buses and the North Norfolk News.

9e. To consider letter of support for Upcher Community Partnership:
A letter was agreed and signed by the Chair for delivery by hand the next morning.

9h. To receive update re Network Rails proposals regarding the level crossing:
There was no further news.

9i. To consider nomination for election to the Nfk Coast Partnership:
It was agreed by members that they would support RB if he wished to stand. He would consider the matter.

10. Quality Parish Status:
(a) To consider Annual Asset Inspection:
DT agreed to check all PC assets and report back to the next meeting.
RB asked members to note that the mould for the village sign was still in his garage.
(b) To consider and prepare for Annual Parish Meeting (27th April):
The format would be as agreed at the previous meeting and teas/coffees would be made available.
(c) To consider Qtly Newsletter:
The Chair had produced a proof and would be going to print a.s.a.p. It was hoped members could deliver the newsletter in the week immediately before the annual parish meeting in order that the front cover, publicising the event, would be effective.

DT left the meeting at this point.

10d. To review training for Councillors:
NALC hoped to announce some training dates sometime in June. It was hoped to run some sessions locally in conjunction with NNDC. Noted.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors:
Apologies had been received.

12. – see page 1.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above):
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :-
NALC – various information, NNDC agenda/minutes, NNDC letter re new style bottle-banks, papers from B/Regis PCC meeting, e-mail from NCC explaining the short consultation time on LTP 2026, leaflets re becoming a councillor, Booklet re Health/Social Care relating to volunteer groups, NCC “Your Norfolk” mag., NNDC “Outlook” mag.,
To be circulated.

14. Resolution re Public Participation:
A member of the public suggested that the PC website should have more information on it. e.g. survey results. The Chair explained the current limitations with the site host but said that he would have further talks with him to try and improve beestonregis.org

15. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items:
The Annual Parish Meeting was on 27th April
The Annual Council Meeting ” ” 11th May (First meeting of new council, election of Chair)

This entry was posted in 2011, Council Matters, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *