BRPC Minutes May 2011

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 11th May, 2011, at the Scout HQ., Cromer Road, Beeston Regis – commencing 7pm.

Members present duly signed their Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
The Clerk reminded members to return their ‘Interest Forms’ and their Declarations re ‘Election Expenses’ to NNDC by 2/6/11.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), Mrs.M.Roffe, B.Hill, G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright, D.Thompson, H.Roper, M.Church, R.Beckley and the Clerk. Also present were two members of the public.

1a. Election of Chairman & Declaration of Acceptance of Office:
M.Knowles was proposed by Mrs.M.Roffe and seconded by G.Dyson. There was no other nominations and M.Knowles was elected Chairman for the coming year and he duly signed his Chairmans Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

1b. Election of Vice-Chair & Declaration of Acceptance of Office:
R.Beckley was proposed by D.Thompson and seconded by Mrs.M.Wright. There was no other nominations and R.Beckley was elected Vice-Chair for the coming year and he duly signed his Vice-Chairs Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

1c. To receive and consider apologies:
Apologies were received and accepted from P.Kemp. Apologies were also received from B.Hannah (NCC) and Mrs.A.Sweeney (NNDC).

1d. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items:
None received.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 13/4/11:
These had been circulated and were accepted as a true record (Prop: MW, Sec: DT)

2a. To consider co-option of new member of Parish Council:
Members agreed to continue seeking a person to fill the vacancy.

3. Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items):
No requests to speak.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
The current bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £1970, and A/C 10162140 £10859. Members noted receipt of the first half years precept (£6500) and the Bottle Bank profit (£469). The following payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved :- C.Allen £70.00 Bus Shelter Cleaning, P.Bullimore £238.60 Clerks net pay, HMRC £59.60 Tax deducted from Clerks pay, W.Runton Scouts £50.00 Hire of Hall, Secret Gardens £110.00 Grass verge cutting x 2, P.Bullimore £36.04 Clerks Xps., J.Green Payroll Servs., £60.00 PAYE work for 2011-12, and NNDC £698.88 Dog Bin emptying for 2011-12. (Prop: MK, Sec: RB – agreed).
The Clerk was asked to minute brief details regarding payments in the future.
(b) To consider & approve Financial/Audit statements to 31/3/11:
Members had all received copies of the statements/papers which were as usual subject to Internal and External Audit. He drew members attention to Income which was down approx £1000 on the previous year due to a lower precept (£500) and Grant money being received in 2010 (£500). Expenditure was up by approx £3000 and this was mainly due to additional lighting expenses, including new light, (£2400) and the Grant money being spent on the survey (£500). There were other minor differences which the Clerk did not list. Members were happy with the figures and approved the Financial Statements and Governance Statement (Prop: MK, Sec: GD). The Chair duly signed the Audit Returns at Sections 1 and 2 and the Clerk was thanked for his work.
(c) To approve Bank Mandates 2011-12 (standing order & direct debit):
The following bank payments were approved for the year 2011-12 :-
T.T.Jones Electrical £64.31 – Monthly street light mintenance. (standing order)
E-On £179.48 – Monthly electricity supply – (direct debt)
(Prop: MR, Sec: BH – agreed)
(d) To confirm appointment of Internal Auditor 2011-12:
Mr.S.Meakin was again appointed Internal Auditor for the forthcoming year. (Prop: DT, Sec: MW). The Clerk would write confirming this.
(e) Review of Insurance and Risk Assessment:
R.Beckley (retired Chartered Insurance Practitioner) would again carry out his annual review and risk assessment and report back to the council at the next meeting.
(f) To consider donation to CAB., North Norfolk (from APM):
Following agreement by parishioners at the Annual Parish Meeting the PC again approved a donation of £50 (Prop: DT, Sec: BH). A proposal for the donation to be £75 by HR was lost.
(g) To consider subscribing to Norfolk Public Law:
Members considered the letter from NPLaw but it was agreed not to proceed (Prop: MR, Sec: DT).

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC since last meeting:
Confirmation of the new Tree Preservation Order in respect of Nuttalls Plantation was noted.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed:
None received.
(k) To further consider Affordable Housing:
The Clerk had sent a reminder to the landowner asking for a reply to his January letter but as yet had not received a reply. This was noted.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB:
These had been duly considered.
(n) To consider licences issued by NNDC/NCC in the parish:
Carried forward to the next agenda.

6. To consider Highways and Footpath Matters:
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :-
Sign erected on A148 nr. Britons Lane junction – removed by Highways.
E-mail from parishioner re silver birch tree nr. bench seat on Britons Lane (DT to deal with) and fence on Britons Lane opposite Silverdale (referred to Highways)
NCC Highways Rangers visiting on 6/6/11 – noted.
Item from Annual Parish Meeting – problems re dog mess – PCSO Baxter dealing.
” ” ” ” ” – Trees/shrubs overhanging footpath – to Newsletter
Grit Bins – meeting arranged with Highways Engineer on 13/5/11
Path nr ditch adjacent Common – again refer to H’ways Engineer on 13/5/11
The Clerk was asked to contact NCC Highways regarding Cookies Field entrances.
The Clerk was asked to contact NCC H’Ways re reflector posts A148; wrong position

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements):
No new announcements or reports.

8. PC Assets:
(a) Report re lighting by the Clerk:
The Clerk reported light faults at lamps nr. 32, Cromer Road and 3, Britons Lane. The contractor was dealing with these problems. Following a report from DT and MK it was agreed not to black out the light nr. 55, Priory Close and the Clerk was instructed to inform the parishioner who had made the enquiry.

9a. To consider maintenance of ditch east of Beeston Common:
The land west of the footpath but east of the ditch on the eastern side of Abbey Park would be referred to the Highways Engineer on 13/5/11.

9d. To further consider village survey (Alternative Parish Plan):
It was agreed that the action points, drawn from the survey results, were in hand with some ongoing for a considerable time. Copies of the survey results had been sent to all the suggested recipients and it was agreed to withdraw this matter from the agenda.

9h. To receive update re Network Rails proposals regarding the level crossings:
With no further news it was agreed to remove this item from the agenda for the time being.

10. Quality Parish Status:
(a) To consider report re Annual Asset Inspection (DT)
DT reported that assets were in good order other than the seating section of the village sign which might need attention. DT and MK to consider this matter on 13/5/11 after Highways Walkabout. DT would be trying to clean up the glass bus shelter. Members thanked DT for all his work and for his report.
(b) To further consider the Good Neighbour Project:
After discussing this matter again, and at the Annual Parish Meeting, MR volunteered to try and progress this further. RB,DT and MC said they would try and help MR form a group to organise and run a scheme in Beeston Regis. The Clerk was asked to contact Lucinda Leonard (Norfolk RCC) and request that she speaks with MR.
(c) To prepare for Qtly Newsletter (June) – incl. Church envelope collection:
RB stated that the envelope collection, as mentioned in the PCC minutes, would not be taking place but instead an appeal letter was hoping to be placed in the next Newsletter requesting donations to the Church. This was agreed and the Chair would contact the PCC. The June newsletter would contain the Annual Report and a copy of the Accounts to 31/3/11.
(d) To agree dates of meetings for 2011-12:
It was agreed to continue with meetings on the second Wednesday of the month commencing on 8th June (Prop: DT, Sec: MW)
11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors:
Apologies had been received from AS and BH.

12. Review of Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl.Police Report):
PCSO Baxter was not in attendance.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above):
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :-
Norfolk RCC Signpost magazine
Letter from NNDC re new mapping agreement with Ordnance Survey.
NALC leaflet re the Localism Bill
BBC letter re switching to digital TV.
Letter from parishioner re keeping chickens in Priory Close (referred to NNDC)
NNDC Nth Norfolk Pathfinder Newsletter
Request for donation from Cromer & Sheringham Arts & Literary Festival – (Members agreed that the Clerk gives a negative response)
To be circulated.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters):
A parishioner suggested further information, including the CRB check question, could be found regarding the Good Neighbour Project on Google.

15. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items:
Agreed for Wed. 8th June, 2011 (7pm)
The subject of the bottle banks would be placed on this agenda.
Apologies were given in advance by GD, HR, and BH.

This entry was posted in 2011, Council Matters, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *