BRPC Minutes Apr 2010

Minutes of the meeting held on 14th April, 2010 at the Scout Headquarters, Cromer Road, Beeston Regis, commencing at 7pm.

Present: R.Beckley (Chairman), M.Knowles, D.Thompson, Mrs.M.Roffe, M.Church, B.Hill, G.Dyson, P.Kemp, Mrs.M.Wright and the Clerk. Also present was one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies:
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Bliss. Apologies were also received from B.Hannah (NCC) and Mrs.A.Sweeney (NNDC).

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items:
Declarations of personal interests were made by PK (5d) and RB (5e).

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 10/3/10:
These had been circulated to members and were accepted as a true record. (Prop: MR,
Sec: DT – agreed).

2a. To consider co-option of new member for parish council:
MW informed members that she had not been able to contact the former councillor that she hoped would be interested in joining the parish council. The Chair expressed the importance of filling this vacancy and the Clerk informed members that the advertisements on the notice boards had not generated a response. This item would be carried forward to the next meeting.

3. Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items):
(Prop: RB, Sec: MK, – agreed). The meeting was adjourned but there was no requests from the public to speak on specific items. – the meeting was re-opened.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
The Clerk asked members to note that the year end accounts had to be approved by the council by 30/6/10 and the appropriate notices regarding parishioners statutory rights and the external audit date would be posted on the notice board. He also informed members that the insurance documentation for 2010/11 had been passed to the Chairman to carry out the annual review prior to payment etc. The Chair asked members to note the new Declaration involving the Clerk and members. The Clerk would circulate a copy of the five questions/declaration to members in order that they could each make a return for the Clerk to use when renewing the insurance.
The current bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £998, A/C 10162140 £6517 – this was noted by members. The Clerk gave explanations regarding the five payments scheduled for payment after which the following were approved :-
C.Allen £60.00, P.Bullimore £360.88, West Runton Scouts £25.00, Sheringham Town Council £26.82, and Norfolk ALC. £175.09. (Prop: DT, Sec: MR, – agreed).

(b) To review remuneration for Bus Shelter Cleaning/Work:
The Clerk informed members that the current payment (£60) had been in place since 2007/08. After a brief discussion it was agreed to increase the payment to £65 w.e.f. April 2010. (Prop: MR, Sec: DT, – agreed).

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions received from NNDC since last meeting:
None received.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed:
PF/10/0292: Two storey extension at 2, Meadow Cottages, Beeston Common:
After discussion it was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: RB, Sec: DT)
(d) PF/10/0300: To consider planning application re Bumblebarn, Sheringwood:
After discussion it was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: DT, Sec: MW)
(e) PF/10/0255: To consider planning application re Radway, Church Close:
After discussion it was agreed no objection to this application (Prop: PK, Sec: GD)
RB did not vote on this item.
(h) LDF – incl. Travellers Sites and SMP:
The Clerk informed members that the Site Specific Proposals Draft Plan and the Re-Use of Rural Dwellings Draft Policy (with supporting documents) had been submitted to the Government for examination. The Government will appoint an Inspector to examine the soundness and legal compliance of the submission, with hearings in the summer, and a binding report by the end of 2010. (per letter received from NNDC. Which would be circulated to members).
The Chair informed members that he thought NNDC was of the opinion that permanent travellers sites were not necessary in north-norfolk and would be looking at the issue carefully before proceeding further with this matter. This was noted.
(k) To further consider Affordable Housing in the parish:
There was still no news from NNDC regarding this matter.

6. To consider Highways and Footpath Matters:
The Clerk reported on the following:-
Pot-hole on Britons Lane near Heathside – reported to NCC Highways for inspection.
Drains on Britons Lane near Heathside – reported to NCC Highways for inspection..
Parish Walkabout with Highways Engineer – arranged for Thurs. 22/4/10 at 9am.
Receipt of Notice re Footpath Closure (FP17) – Church Cl. Westwards: 4-12/5/10.
The Clerk spoke of vehicles on footpaths/verges and informed members that PCSO.Gary Baxter had issued polite warning notices. Members were still concerned with the mobile catering van parked near the Priory Close/Britons Lane junction and asked the Clerk to write to the police expressing concerns for other road users. The Chair referred to a telephone conversation with a parishioner who was also concerned about this van and he asked her to phone the police who had the powers to deal with the matter whereas the parish council did not.
The Clerk spoke about the long stay car parked on the Britons Lane car park. The owners (Victory Housing Trust) had written to the council and were not prepared to ask their tenant to move the vehicle at this present time (copy letter supplied to all councillors). An e-mail had also been received from PCSO. Gary Baxter referring to the Road Traffic Act and other relevant information. He had also written to other agencies and would contact the parish council if and when he received replies. After discussion the Clerk was instructed to write to Victory Housing Trust stating that the contents of their letter had been noted and hope the matter would be kept under review. The Chair said that the extended Road Traffic Act included public places and car parks when it came to the requirements of a vehicle to be taxed and insured and would like to take up the matter with Karl Rands (NCC Highways Engineer) when the parish walkabout takes place on 22/4/10. He would show photographs to him and to the police which shows that this car park is a public place and would therefore fall under the RTA.
MR commented on the daffodils and flowering trees in the parish which members agreed were a nice edition to the village.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements):
Invitations had been received in respect of the following :-
NALC – Afternoon Coffee & Chat – Letheringsett, 19/5/10 – MR/PB to attend
NALC/NNDC – Meeting on Standards – Colby Village Hall – 26/5/10 – noted.
NNDC – Civic Service – Invite to Chair – Cromer Church – 21/4/10 – RB to attend.
Sheringham TC – St.Georges Day Concert – Sheringham Church – 23/4 – noted.
Norfolk RCC – General meeting – Dereham – 27/4/10 – noted.
NNDC – Area Forums – Various venues – June/July 2010 – MR to attend.

8. PC Assets:
(a) To further consider Bottle Bank:
MR reported that the new contractors had established regular collections from the Bottle Bank every 2-3 weeks. The situation would continue to be monitored but at present there was no need to acquire a second container.

9a. To consider maintenance of ditch east of Beeston Common:
The Clerk had been informed verbally that the NNDC Drainage Officer was still awaiting a reply from Anglian Water Services.

9d. To consider future plans for the parish (incl.survey):
The Clerk reported that he had done nothing further on the survey and he had not received any feedback from members on possible further questions and ideas. There had been an article placed in the forthcoming newsletter and the £500 grant awarded by NALC. had been banked. He suggested a way forward may be to establish a small working party as it was an important survey and should not be left to one individual. He also reported that the Church had expressed an interest in progressing this project. Following the Chairs proposal it was agreed to form a working party made up from councillors (possibly PK and GD), and representatives from the Church, High School, and parishioners. The Clerk would try and arrange an initial meeting on a Wednesday evening (19/5 or 26/5) after the annual parish and annual council meetings.

9f. To consider car parking during Sunday Car Boot Sales:
The Clerk had been asked by B.Hannah (NCC) to report that a meeting had taken place between himself, the proprietor, and Sgt.Money. Progress had been made and a further meeting was planned with NCC, Highways being invited. This was noted by members,

9g. To consider Norfolk RCCs Good Neighbour Project:
The Clerk reported that a representative of NRCC would attend the July meeting and give a short presentation. It was hoped that the survey (see 9d) would be useful and connect with this project. An article had been placed in the newsletter.

10. Quality Parish Status:
(a) To review training for Councillors:
It was agreed to monitor the county associations training programme in order that new councillors and other interested members could attend an initial training course sometime in the summer. A provisional date of 1/7/10 was currently on the programme.
(b) To consider Qtly. Newsletter (Mar/April 2010):
Copies of the newsletter were handed to members by MK who asked for them to be proof read and any errors notified to him. It was hoped to print this edition in 7-10 days time in order that members can deliver them towards the end of April (this would hopefully make the annual parish meeting reminder more effective).
(d) To consider Annual Parish Meeting & Annual Report:
The meeting, arranged for 5th May, would follow the usual format and had already been advertised in the latest newsletter. MR and MW agreed to provide refreshments for the event. It was agreed not to provide door to door leaflets as the advert in the newsletter was considered sufficient particularly as the Clerk placed additional notices around the village as well as the usual ones on the four notice boards.
The Chair said he had the Annual Report in hand which would form the basis of his speech at the APM as well as being published in the June newsletter.
(e) To consider NNDCs letter re Code of Conduct (Para 3:1) :
A copy of the letter had been provided to all members and its contents noted.
(f) To consider Asset Inspection:
DT agreed to carry out the annual inspection and the matter would be placed on the next agenda to receive his report. The Clerk would provide a copy of the asset schedule from the Insurance documents in order that the current insured values could be verified.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors:
Apologies had been received from both councillors. Note B.Hannahs report at 9(f).

12. To consider Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl. Police Report):
In the absence of the PCSO. the Chair moved on.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above):
The following had been received :- NCC magazine Your Norfolk, letter from Energy Saving Trust, Guide to responsibilities of local authorities regarding AONBs produced by Natural England. These would be circulated as usual.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters):
(Prop: BH, Sec: DT, – agreed) – adjourned – comments were made regarding excessive litter on FP17 – meeting was re-opened.

15. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items:
The Annual Parish Meeting was confirmed for Wed. 5th May, 2010 (7pm)
The Annual Council Meeting ” ” ” ” 12th May, 2010 (7pm)

This entry was posted in 2010, Council Matters, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *