BRPC Minutes Apr 2009

Minutes of the meeting held on 8/4/09 at the Scout HQ.

Present: R.Beckley (Chair), M.Knowles, D.Thompson, Mrs.M.Wright, B.Hill, M.Church, D.Cox and the Clerk. Also present was one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies:
Apologies were received and accepted from Mrs.M.Roffe, P.Kemp, and M.Bliss. Apologies were also received from Mrs.A.Sweeney(NNDC) and PCSO.L.Soar.

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest:
RB and MK declared a personal interest in item 5(i).

2a. To approve the minutes of meeting held 11/3/09:
These were accepted as a true record (Prop: DT, Sec: MK)

2b. To consider vacancy on parish council:
The Clerk had received confirmation from NNDC Electoral Services that the PC could co-opt to fill this vacancy. The Chair had not spoken to the interested parishioner as yet but in the meantime the Clerk would place advertisements on the notice boards.

3. Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items):
Prop: RB, Sec: MK – agreed – the meeting was adjourned – no requests – the meeting was re-opened.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
The current bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £939 and A/C 10162140 £2114. The following payments were approved :- C.Allen £60.00, P.Bullimore £349.48, and W.Runton Scouts £25.00 (Prop: DT, Sec: MC agreed)

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions received from NNDC since last meeting:
No communications received.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed:
20090203 – Erection of two semi-detached dwellings at Lawson Way, Sheringham:
The Clerk informed members that this application had just been received and the PC was being consulted because the site was adjacent to the parish boundary. The Chair summarised the application pointing out that it was affordable housing. It was agreed to support the application (Prop: RB, Sec: MC).
(e) Sheringwood – To receive update & consider tree preservation:
The Woodland Trust representative, who hopefully would support the PC in obtaining a TPO on feature trees, was still not available to meet up and identify these trees. The Clerk hoped to arrange this meeting as soon as possible. An e-mail from a parishioner, living in Sheringwood, had been received regarding the felling of a tree that could have caused damage to her property. The Clerk would circulate this to members.
(h) LDF – incl.Gypsy EERA consultation and SMP:
No further news – it was agreed to remove this from the agenda.
(i) To further consider Beach Access Steps at B.Regis Caravan Park:
RB and MK said that this project was still ongoing but it was agreed to remove this item from the agenda for the immediate future.

6. To consider Highways and Footpath Matters:
The Clerk reported on the following :-
Water leak – Britons Lane/Close junction – repair carried out.
Grass verge – / area – negative response from H’Ways re posts.
Britons Lane fence: because of the lack of progress it was agreed the Clerk writes to NCC Highways requesting they deal with this matter as the fence was now potentially dangerous to pedestrians. (a copy of the letter was to be sent to the tenant farmer and the solicitors concerned).

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements):
Nfk Parishes Training P’Ship – meeting on the Planning Portal at The Dales, Upper Sheringham on 28/4/09 (RB, MK, MC, and DT to try and attend).
Annual Parish Vestry Meeting on 15/4/09 (BH to represent parish council)
Sheringham Preservation Soc: AGM on 22/4/09 (RB to attend).
The Chair gave a brief report on his attendance at the Nth Norfolk Tourism Day.

8. PC Assets:
(a) Street Lighting – to further consider lighting stock:
The Clerk informed members that they would soon have to consider the renewal of the electricity contract and the street lighting maintenance contract that were both due in June 2009. It was agreed that the Clerk speaks with T.T.Jones Electrical Ltd and place the renewal of both contracts on next months agenda.

9a. To consider ongoing maintenance of Beeston Common:
A letter had been received from Sheringham Town Council inviting members of the PC to attend a walkabout on the common when Natural England next consider the way forward regarding its maintenace. It was agreed the Clerk writes back accepting this invitation. MK and others would hopefully represent the PC.

9b. To consider pillbox in Britons Lane:
Information and an application form regarding listing of this building had been received from English Heritage and it was agreed the Clerk proceeds with this application.

9c. Structural Review of Nfk: consider recent Boundary Commission statement:
It was agreed the Chair drafts a reply and circulates this and the Boundary Commission information for members approval. (Responses were required by 14/5/09, immediately after the next PC meeting).

9f. To further consider phone box in Britons Lane:
The Clerk was instructed to write to BT requesting a reply to our letter of 14/2/09 when the removal of this box was requested.

10. Quality Parish Status:
(a) To receive update on QPS:
The Clerk informed members that he was now on the final stages of his CiLCA qualification. i.e. his tutor was going through his portfolios. He apologised to members for taking longer than anticipated but after this was complete he would concentrate on the parish councils QPS. submission. Hopefully our file of evidence would be submitted to the Accreditation Panel this summer. This was noted by members.
(b) To consider legislation Power to promote well-being of the area( NALC)
The Clerk still awaited the statutory guidance for local councils on this matter and it was agreed to place this item on the next agenda.
(d) To consider inspection of PC Assets:
It was agreed DT, as in previous years, carries out the inspection of the PC assets. This does not include the lighting stock which is the responsibility of the maintenance contractor (T.T.Jones Electrical).
(e) No Cold Calling Zones – to receive update:
The Clerk had been informed by NCC Trading Standards that survey forms had been sent out to Priory Close residents.
(f) To consider the PCs Annual Report:
The Clerk reminded members that this was important to a parish council and was one of the criteria to be fulfilled for QPS. As well as the Chairs summary of the years activities it needed to contain a summary of the accounts, a list of members and officers along with their contact details. It also had to be available to the electorate as well as the District Council and Library. This was noted by members.
(g) To consider the Annual Parish Meeting on 6th May, 2009:
It was agreed that the agenda/format would be the same as in previous years. The Clerk would invite the police, press and the district and county councillors. Refreshments would be provided and posters/flyers produced and distributed nearer the date. The Clerk was reminded by DC that it was agreed to discuss donations at the annual parish meeting.
(h) To consider Training for Councillors:
After considering the training options on the county associations web-site from Feb 2009 – Oct 2009 members instructed the Clerk to write requesting the association use venues in north Norfolk for a change.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors:
Apologies had been received.

12. To consider Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl.Police Report):
The Clerk informed members that he had received an e-mail from the Communications Officer of the Safer Neighbourhood Team. It was agreed to circulate this to update members on current police priorities.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above):
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :- NCC magazine, leaflet re Nfk.Parent Partnership, Information from various organisations – to be circulated.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters):
Prop: BH, Sec: DT, agreed – adjourned – enquiry re Regis Av. Pavement – re-opened.

15. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items:
Next meeting: 6th May (annual parish), 13th May (annual council meeting) both 7pm.

This entry was posted in 2009, Council Matters, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *