BRPC Minutes Dec 2010

Minutes of the meeting held on 8th December, 2010 at the Scout HQ., Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis – commencing at 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles, G.Dyson, H.Roper, R.Beckley, D.Thompson, P.Kemp,
M.Church and the Clerk. Also present were 2 PCSOs and one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies:
Apologies were received and accepted from B.Hill, M.Roffe and M.Wright.

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items:
MK and RB declared a personal interest for item 9h.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 10/11/10 (circulated):
These had been circulated to members and were accepted as a true record. (Prop:DT, Sec: PK – agreed)

3a. Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items)
The Chair adjourned the meeting but there was no requests to speak on agenda items by the public. The Chair re-opened the meeting.

3b. To consider co-option of new member of the Parish Council:
The Clerk reminded members of the one vacancy. There had been one e-mail enquiry but the parishioner had not contacted the Clerk further.

With the agreement of members the Chair took item 12 next.

12. To consider Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl.Police Report):
PCSO Gary Baxter stated that there had been one crime reported since the last meeting (Burglary at property situated at the southern end of Britons Lane). He reminded members of the importance of people, particularly the elderly, informing their neighbours or relatives when they go away and leave their property. The police sometimes had to force entry to properties, causing expensive damage, when they had reason to believe somebody was inside and not responding to them. He referred to “SNAP”and hoped a representative from BRPC would sit on this panel. There was a new sergeant (Serg Andy Smith) in charge of the Sheringham area. The PCSOs left the meeting after being thanked by the Chair for their report.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
The current bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £2281 and A/C 10162140 £12889. The following payments were agreed and approved :- C.Allen £70.00, P.Bullimore £338.88, West Runton Scouts £25.00 (Prop: DT, Sec: GD). A further urgent payment, re the delivery of questionnaires, was also approved (E.Poulter £50.00)(Prop: MC, Sec: DT)
(b) To receive verbal report on Insurance (P.A. Cover) (RB):
Nothing further to report.
(d) To consider the Norfolk CC savings proposals/”Big Conversation”:
It was agreed, after discussion, that the parish council would not respond as a corporate body but leave individuals to respond if they so desired.

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC since last meeting:
It was noted that a site meeting regarding the application for a dwelling on land adjacent to 4, Meadow Cottages was on 9/12/10. MK and RB would attend on behalf of the PC.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed:
None received
(d) To consider NCC Minerals & Waste Devel. Plan documentation:
RB reported that there was nothing directly relating to the Stone Pits or Beeston Regis. It was agreed to circulate the documents for members information.
(e) PF/10/1340: Extn at 2, Meadow Cottages, Beeston Common:
It was agreed “no objections” to this application (Prop: MC, Sec: RB)
(f) PF/10/1302: Vehicle access & egress at land on Cromer Road:
It was agreed “to support” this application (Prop: DT, Sec: PK).
(g) PF/10/1326: Extn at 14, Hillside Road:
It was agreed “no objections” to this application (Prop: DT, Sec: GD)
(h) LDF – incl.Travellers Sites and SMP:
Nothing further to report.
(k) To further consider Affordable Housing in the parish:
The Clerk reported that the NNDC Housing Enabling Officer was to look at all the sites again in spite of their Chief Executives letter recently received which appeared to write them off for various reasons. Parsons & Whittley (Architects) had been invited to the next meeting and the Clerk was asked to check that they were aware of all the facts before making the journey in January to speak to members.
(l) To note appeal re Heath Barn, Britons Lane:
It was noted again that the appeal, at the NNDC Offices, was on 14th December and RB would attend and represent the PC.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB:
These had been duly considered.
(n) To consider licences issued by NCC/NNDC in the parish (RB):
RB was still working on the list.

6. To consider Highways and Footpath matters:
The subject of the provision of further grit bins was discussed following the recent very bad weather and it was agreed to place this matter on the next agenda and possibly refer the subject to the Annual Parish meeting. A member asked the Clerk to make enquiries regarding the poor signage and markings at the A148 / Britons Lane junction which made it difficult entering Britons Lane at night.

7. Meetings and Conferences (to receive reports and announcements):
The Clerk had no new announcements/invitations. The Chair reported on his attendance at a recent meeting for Chairman of parish and town councils organised by the North Norfolk Community Partnership and held at the NNDC offices. He found it to be very informative and well organised and would arrange for the Clerk to circulate the papers issued.

8. PC Assets:
(a) Report re Lighting/consider replacement lights (64, Priory Cl & 89, Abbey P)
The Clerk reported on the site meeting regarding the light near 64, Priory Close attended by DT, Paul Jones, Highways Engineer, and himself. It had been agreed to place a new light 2m north of the existing site. The cost was £1,450 plus VAT. Members ratified this decision and instructed the Clerk to request T.T.Jones Electrical to proceed with the work. It was also agreed to have the cosmopolis white light with a new top structure at 89, Abbey Pk which the contractors had stated was required (£385 plus VAT). The Clerk would again instruct T.T.Jones Electrical to carry out the work. (Prop; MK, Sec: DT – agreed)
The Clerk was asked to make enquiries regarding the new solar lights on the Sheringham promenade and in Holt.

9a. To consider maintenance of ditch east of Beeston Common:
Sheringham Town Council had started work on the ditch but had informed the Clerk verbally that they had not got an anticipated completion date. It was agreed not to take any further action at the moment regarding communicating with parishioners who lived west/adjacent to the ditch.

9d. To receive report re village survey (Alternative Parish Plan):
The Chair stated that the questionnaires had been delivered and many of them were now returned (approx. 300 or 60% return rate). He said that PK should take much credit for all his work on this project and he hoped that much useful information would be available to the PC and thereby assist with future plans for the village. The work of collating and interpreting the answers/information would now begin.

9f. To consider taking on some NCC Highways & P.R.O.W. Services:
The papers/letter had been circulated to members and after a brief discussion it was agreed to reply in a positive manner and await further communications/developments

9g. To further consider NNDC letter re Grass Verge Cutting:
Whilst neighbours and any parishioners could volunteer to do this work it was agreed that a proper contract was required to ensure the work to be carried out satisfactorily.
Insurance problems and Health & Safety matters would need to be considered if a “volunteer” type labour force was created; it would also need much supervision.
It was agreed to place this matter on the next agenda with a view to the PC going out to tender for the work that NNDC previously carried out.

9h. To further consider Network Rails proposals regarding the level crossings:
No reply had been received from NR. A reply to the PCs second letter to NCC Highways was still awaited. It was noted that a meeting with the parties concerned, along with N.Lamb MP, was being held on 21/1/11.

10. Quality Parish Status:
(a) To consider December Newsletter:
The Chair stated that he was hopeful that this would be available very shortly and would include a reminder regarding returning the questionnaires, grass verge cutting, the precept figure, and welfare checks as mentioned in the police report at item 12.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors:
No councillors present.

12. – see page 1.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items):
The Clerk drew members attention to the following :-
NNDC Agenda & Minutes & Affordable Housing Booklet. To be circulated.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters):
No public comments.

15. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items:
This was confirmed for Wednesday 12th January, 2011. (7pm)

This entry was posted in 2010, Council Matters, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *