BRPC Minutes May 2015

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 13th May, 2015
at the Scout HQ., Cromer Rd, Beeston Regis – commencing at 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), Mrs.M.Roffe, D.Thompson, G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright,
C.Goodwin, R.Beckley and the Clerk. Also present were three members of the public.

*** All members signed their Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
*** Members congratulated MK on becoming a District Councillor.

1a. Election of Chairman & Declaration of Acceptance of Office
M.Knowles was elected Chairman for the coming year (Prop: GD, Sec: MR). He duly signed his Chairmans Declaration.

1b. Election of Vice-Chair & Declaration of Acceptance of Office
R.Beckley was elected Vice-Chair for the coming year (Prop: DT, Sec: CG). He then signed his Vice-Chairmans Declaration

1c. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church. Apologies were also received from PCSO.Bridges.

1d. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

1e. To receive update re vacancies on parish council & consider co-option.
Eight members had been returned uncontested at the 7th May election leaving three vacancies that could be filled by co-option. RB had devised an application form which included how a person qualified as a councillor (eg: on the electoral roll, working in the parish etc.) as well as other detail. Application forms were handed to three people in the hope that they might be co-opted at the June meeting.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 8/4/15.
The minutes were accepted as a true record (Prop: DT, Sec: RB)

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
C.Allen £70.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £272.90,(net salary),
HMRC £43.00 (tax on salary), West Runton Scouts £25.00 (hire of hall),
P.Bullimore £46.04, (admin exps), Norfolk ALC £45.00 (conference fee),
National ALC £60.00 (LCAS registratn), Secret Gardens £252.00 (grass cuts)
The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: RB).
Bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £2023, & A/C 10162140 £11211.

The Clerk informed members that in future there would be no legal requirement to use external auditors but instead publish certain information on the website.
(b) To consider pay review/holiday pay for bus shelter cleaner (RB)
RB summarised the situation and after discussion it was agreed to pay the cleaner £80 per month w.e.f. June, 2015. (Prop: RB, Sec: MR)
(c) To confirm Bank Mandates to T.T.Jones Electrical & E-On for 2015/16
Both mandates were confirmed (Prop: DT, Sec: GD)

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting
The following were noted :-
PF/14/1575; Demolition & erection of dwelling; Sandywood, S’Wood – permission
PF/15/0250; Jump Tower at Hilltop – permission.
PF/15/0179; Erection of extension at 22, Abbey Park – permission.
PF/15/0026; Erection of extension at 27, Priory Close – permission.
NMA/0514; A non-material amendment had been agreed (Breckland, Sheringwood)
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
None received.
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing
An invite to the opening ceremony at Hastoe’s Burnham project on 9th June had been accepted by four members. The Clerk had been informed that terms for the A149 land had been agreed with the owners. An option agreement was to be signed in the next few weeks.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
This had been duly considered.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
(a) Update re Highways Partnership Scheme & vehicle activated signs
The Clerk informed members that the grant acceptance form had been submitted to County Hall and the possible location sites sent to the Highways Engineer. The sites had to be approved and an agreement drawn up (memorandum of understanding) which had to be signed by the PC and NCC., after which time the Clerk could order the equipment from Westcotec Ltd. It was generally agreed that the moving of the VAS (every four weeks) could not be carried out by members.
(b) To consider requests for further dog bins
There had been further requests for dog bins in the Church Close area and adjacent to Calves Well Lane. Members thought that there are enough dog bins in the parish and it was more a question of educating dog owners. The PC already pays over £600 pa. on emptying dog bins. It was agreed that publicity regarding the problem in the next newsletter would be appropriate.
(c) To consider request for another street light (Britons Lane)
Members agreed that the village had adequate street lighting and the cost of getting power to this site was extremely high. RB reminded members of the costs associated with power supply on the A149 near Beeston Hall Cottages (£4k – £5k). It was agreed not to proceed further with this project. (Prop; RB, Sec; DT)
(d) To note & consider T.T.Jones Electrical annual report
Following their annual inspection the contractors had submitted a schedule of work that needed to be carried out. It was agreed that the Clerk instructs them to proceed with the re-concreting of columns in Regis Avenue and leave the tree trimming work for the PC to pursue house owners. (Prop; MK, Sec; RB)

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
The Clerk announced details of the NALC Annual Conference (MK to attend).
CG reported on a recent SNAP meeting (30/4/15) :- (a) crime in the area was still low (b) dog fouling problems (c) drugs & drink being consumed on Beeston Common (d) all traffic offences now being referred to a central control (e) extra powers to be given to PCSOs.
GD reported that he had attended the AGM of the Sheringham Society.

8. To consider future use of PC land at Caxton Park (including bench seat)
As requested the Clerk reported on costs associated with the picnic bench project. It was considered that using tarmac, as originally discussed, was too expensive (over £2.2k for tarmac). It was agreed to investigate the costs of laying an area of concrete slabs (RB to approach EF), and in the meantime the Clerk would order the picnic bench and a bench seat from Glasdons UK as they were currently on offer.

9. To note/consider lack of public transport to NNDC Offices
In the absence of B.Hannah, who had agreed to look in to the matter, this item was carried forward to the next meeting.

10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To receive update re LCAS
It was agreed to circulate CG’s working paper to familiarise members with the requirements of LCAS.
(b) To further consider an asset inspection (shelters, seats, etc..)
DT reported on the recent asset inspection with minor work being required on bench seats and notice boards. It was agreed RB gets a quote from Ed Farrow regarding this work.
(c) To consider the June 2015 Newsletter.
The Annual Report and the Accounts would be published in this newsletter. An article re dog fouling would also be included.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
M.Knowles (NNDC) gave a brief report stating that he had found the training and induction process very intense and interesting.

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act and Community Speed Watch
PCSO Bridges reported via e-mail (a) no recorded crimes (b) no complaints re the circus this year (c) no more volunteers for speedwatch have come forward (d) the SNT priorities are speeding in Kelling, anti-social behaviour on Sheringham esplanade, and alcohol/drug problems on Beeston Common.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above)
Nothing received.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters) Prop; DT, Sec GD, – agreed. A parishioner suggested a notice board for the bus shelter, newsletter article re dog fouling, and obtaining costings for a further Britons Lane light.
15. To confirm date of next meeting & future agenda items.
This was confirmed for Wed. 10th June, 2015 (7pm) – Scout HQ.

This entry was posted in 2015, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *