BRPC Minutes April 2016

BEESTON  REGIS  PARISH  COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 13th April, 2016  at the Scout HQ.,

Cromer Rd, Beeston Regis  –  commencing at 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Smith, D.Thompson, G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright,N.Wright, C.Goodwin, Mrs.S.Goodwin, R.Beckley and the Clerk. Also present were B.Hannah (NCC), two members of the public, and a representative from the press.

 

1a. To receive and consider apologies

Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church and Mrs.M.Roffe. Apologies were also received from PCSO.Slade.

 

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items

No interests declared.

 

  1. To approve the minutes of meeting held 9/3/16

The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.

(Prop: RB, Sec: DT)

 

3 .  Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)

Mr.S.Pegg requested to speak on item 12.

 

  1. Finance:

      (a)  To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:

C.Allen £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning)(101658),P.Bullimore £272.90,(net salary),

(101659) HMRC £43.00 (tax on salary)(101660), West Runton Scouts £25.00

(hire of hall)(101661),

P.Bullimore £41.56, (admin exps)(101662), Secret Gardens £120.00 (sign clean)

(101663),

Morston PC £2.24 (photocopying)(101664), Norfolk ALC £197.69 (subscription

2016-17)(101665),

J.Green (Payroll Services) £70.00 (101666), P.Bullimore £368.55 (hol.pay 15/16)

(101667).

*** The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, plus one urgent payment, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: RS). The urgent payment was for Secret Gardens in the sum of £65.00 for grass cutting (101668).

Reconciled and agreed bank balances were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £2752.18 and A/C 10162140 £4198.76

Members noted that this was close to the projected balances for 31/3/16 as quoted in the precept/budget discussions. There had been no overspend compared to Budget.

 

  1. Planning:
  • To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting

C/1/93/1007; NCC; Extra permitted hours at the Quarry – application withdrawn.

  • To consider planning applications received since agenda printed

No applications received since agenda printed.

 

  • Update re Affordable Housing

The Clerk had nothing further to report.

  • To consider possible planning changes being considered by Parliament

Members, having considered the information circulated, expressed concern that it appeared that parish councils would not be consulted on the second of two planning stages being introduced. Stage 1 was a planning decision in principle and Stage 2 was the Technical Stage to consider design, types of material etc.. The Clerk was instructed to write to the Secretary of State expressing concern that planning authorities would not be legally obliged to consult parish councils on Stage 2. (Prop: RS, Sec: RB – agreed)

  • Consultation on Nfk Housing & Economic Land Availability Assessment.

Members did not wish to respond.

  • To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.

This had been duly considered during planning matters, particularly during discussion on item 5(d).

 

  1. Highways/Footpath matters.
  • To note/consider deadline for registration of historic public rights of way.

It was agreed not to proceed with an application to NCC regarding the extension of FP13 following receipt of information required regarding changes to the Definitive Map. The Clerk would contact the local Ramblers Assoc. regarding this matter.

  • To consider Village Litter Pick (RB)

Following a brief discussion the Clerk was asked to speak with M.Roffe regarding a suitable date and time for a litter pick. The Clerk would email this information to members.

  • To consider grass cutting adjacent to Beeston Hall Cottages (RB)

RB stated that an adjacent land owner had agreed to cut this area of grass since the agenda had been published  –  noted .

 

  1. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)

Norfolk ALC Spring Conference; Gt.Yarmouth, 28/4/16  –  noted.

GD reported on the Sheringham Society AGM which was not quorate and did not proceed. RB spoke of his attendance at the AGM of the Hooke Charity (MW and GD also attended).

 

  1. To consider Queens Birthday Celebrations (incl. Commemorative Medal)

It was agreed to purchase commemorative medals for all children living in the parish

(up to school leaving age)  (Prop: MK, Sec: MW). The Clerk would place an order, and write to all households to ascertain who would require them.

 

  1. To further consider quality of mobile phone signal in the parish.

There had been no response from Vodaphone.

 

  1. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
  • To receive update re LCAS.

The Clerk had acknowledged the Accreditation Panels comments stating that the PC would be working towards rectifying various matters and had taken other useful comments on-board.

 

  • To consider/review Standing Orders

All members had received a copy of the revised Standing Orders which had been amended to take into account the new audio and visual recording regs (see 3.L) which had been highlighted by the Accreditation Panel. Other minor amendments had also been made. The revised SOs would stand adjourned until the next meeting when they would again be considered and hopefully adopted. All members agreed to contact CG and SG with any comments prior to the next meeting. RB expressed concerns regarding the extra burden on the clerk with what was obviously more work.

  • To consider date, format, & arrangements for Annual Parish Meeting

SG had produced a useful list of ideas and thoughts for the APM. much of which would require a separate evening for this meeting. Following discussion it was agreed to hold the APM on the same evening as the next council meeting (11/5/16  – commencing early at 6.30pm). This would be at the Scout HQ with refreshments being available immediately prior to the meeting. It was agreed to deliver leaflets to all households advertising the APM.

 

  1. To receive update from Hooke Charity re purchase of Defibrillator (RB)

RB reported that the charity had agreed to contribute more money for this equipment thereby not requiring financial assistance from the PC.  He had asked the East of England Ambulance Service to order the equipment on behalf of the Hooke Charity.

 

  1. To further consider the 800th Anniversary of the Priory

The Chair, with members permission, adjourned the meeting to allow S.Pegg to update members. He confirmed details given at the last meeting for the 6th August celebrations. RB updated members on a booklet re the history of the Priory and Beeston Regis that he was producing. Sponsorship for the event was also being considered. 

                                      

  1. To receive reports from District & County Councillors

(this item was taken after item 3).  B.Hannah (NCC) reported on the following :-

(a) the Police Budget/Precept was increasing 2% after 6 years of savings/reductions amounting to approx. £25m (b) there had been an increase in major crime including the sexual exploitation of children (c) Norfolk Police were rated the best performing force in the country (d) the street parking problems associated with parking meters had been resolved (e) position of Mayor not popular in Devolution discussions.

*** M.Knowles (NNDC) spoke briefly on (a) Devolution; members are listening and waiting but position of Mayor not appearing acceptable (b) Boundary Review still on-going – Chaucer Ward has over 2000 people registered.

 

  1. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.

PCSO.Slade reported via email :- (a) no recorded crimes (b) next police surgery on 20/5/16 (c) next SNAP meeting on 12/5/16.

 

  1. To receive update & consider the creation and use of a Mobile App.

CG was continuing to make enquiries and forward this matter.

 

  1. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above)

The following was noted :- (a) House to House collection by the RNLI (11/4 – 17/4)

(b) Request to give quotation re PC Insurance from Zurich Insurance – RB to investigate and undertake a full insurance review

  1. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters)

No comments or other matters.

 

  1. To confirm date of next meeting & future agenda items.

This had already been confirmed at 10(c) – Wed. 11th May, 2016 commencing early with the Annual Parish Meeting at 6.30pm.

 

This entry was posted in 2016, Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *