BRPC Minutes April 2018

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 11th April, 2018 at Scout HQ, Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis – 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Smith, Mrs.M.Roffe, S.Anderson, D.Thompson, G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright, N.Wright, C.Goodwin, R.Beckley, and the Clerk. Also present were J.Oliver (NCC), PC.I.Smith, and one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church.

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 14/3/18.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: DT, Sec: SA).

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
G.Sadler £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £300.36,(net salary),
HMRC £18.60 (tax on salary), Northrepps PC. £25.00 (GDPR Training)
P.Bullimore £57.57 (admin exps), P.Bullimore£372.12 (holiday pay 2017/8)
*** The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, plus one urgent payment, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: MR). The urgent payment was in the sum of £45.00 to E.Farrow for VAS maintenance. (cheques 101869 – 101875). The reconciled bank balances, as checked and agreed, were as follows :- A/C 10162132, £2816.65 and A/C 1016140, £4906.64.

The Police Report was taken next see item 12.

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting
Nothing received.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
None received.
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing.
Nothing further to report.
(d) PF/18/0096; Dwelling at rear of Meadow Cottages, Beeston Common.
The Chair referred members to the sites previous history and after discussion it was agreed that the PC objects to this application. (Prop: MR, Sec: RS). The PC objected to the application and reiterated its previous objection of September, 2011 namely that the application be refused on grounds that the proposal would result in a cramped form of development which is out of keeping with the surrounding development. BRPC also has concerns that the boundary of this site borders immediately on to the Beeston Regis Priory site which is scheduled under the Ancient Monuments and Arch. Areas Act (List entry 1004021) and believes that organisations such as English Heritage and the Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust should be consulted.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
It was brought to the PC’s attention that a campsite had appeared in the AONB. This was a potentially unauthorised site and had been reported to the NNDC Planning Enforcement Department.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
(a) To receive update re inspection of footpaths in the parish.
Some footpaths were still to be inspected. Most had been completed with members handing in their reports to the Chair.
(b) To receive update re further grit bins in the parish.
The Clerk informed members that (a) NCC Highways would not place a grit bin adjacent to Marlinge Place as it was housing association land; there seemed no other sites in the northern section of Abbey Park (b) NCC Highways had agreed to relocating the Regis Avenue bin from its current site to the northern junction of Regis Ave. and Britons Lane. (c) Grit Bins would be automatically “topped-up” by NCC Highways following the bad winter weather. The Clerk was instructed to get E.Farrow to carry out the work as at item (b).
(c) To consider a village litter pick in April, 2018.
This was agreed for Monday, 14th May, 2018 – Meet at the Britons Lane car park at 6.30pm.
(d) To consider consultation on draft Norfolk Access Improvement Plan
It was agreed to circulate a paper copy of this very lengthy consultation document and consider a response at the next meeting.
(e) To consider maintenance of Pillbox – Britons Lane.
It was agreed to leave this matter in the hands of the Vice-Chair. RB stated that he would arrange for a general tidy and carry out any minor repairs.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
The Clerk made the following announcements :-
Reminder re GDPR training at Morston on 23/4/18 – RS, CG, and NW to attend.
NNDC Local Plan- Site visits in the area on 3/5/18 – MK to represent the PC.
WW1 Network Meeting on 4/9/18 at NNDC offices – Noted.
Norfolk CC Roadshow in Diss on 24/4/18 – Noted.
RB had attended a Coastal Issues Forum and reported on discussions re Vattenfall Windfarm (opting for DC current) and the Cromer Chalk Bed.
RB, MK, RS, and the Clerk had attended the WW1 Network Meeting at the NNDC offices which was found to be useful.

8. To receive update re “Battles Over” – WW1 tribute in November, 2018.
RB said that he was progressing the arrangements but was yet to fix the venue until he had further discussions with the school. Some original ideas had been picked up during the recent NNDC workshop and he was hopeful of producing a lengthy souvenir booklet to mark the occasion, It was agreed he applies for a grant towards the costs of publishing this booklet (Prop: RS, Sec: GD).

9. To receive update re defibrillator for the village.
The PC was now waiting for BT to de-commission the phone box.
10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To receive update re LCAS.
The Clerk reported that there was a delay with the Quality Status application due to staffing problems at Suffolk ALC who acted on behalf of Norfolk ALC in these matters.
(b) To receive update re a new PC questionnaire
The Chair stated that this was still ongoing and there would be a brief article in the newsletter to make parishioners aware of the PC’s plans.
(c) To receive update/consider new General Data Protection Regulations.
Members had received copies of the relevant documents and it was agreed to adopt the GDPR Privacy Statement/Promise and post it to the website (Prop: RB, Sec: MK).
It was further agreed to accept the amendments to the Clerks contract and the PC’s Standing Orders (Prop: MK, Sec: RB).
(d) To receive update re welcome/information leaflet for B/Regis.
It was agreed that this still needed further work and MK, RB, and CG would progress this matter.
(e) To consider the next parish newsletter.
This was another work in progress and RB would be finalising the publication which would have its main front cover advertising the forthcoming annual parish meeting.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
*** J.Oliver (NCC) reported on the following :- (a) winter weather information (b) Coasthopper update (c) Splash update (d) affordable housing report (e) Paston 600th anniversary celebrations (f) Holway Road roundabout. – JO also reported verbally re her “NCC Highways Financial Allowance” from which she would pay for the clearing of the ditch on the western boundary and a Sheringham “cycle rack”. This year sees the 50th anniversary of the AONB and a good book has been published regarding this.

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
PC.Ian Smith attended the meeting explaining that neighbourhood policing was still important despite loosing the PCSOs. Crime rates were low in the parish and he spoke of the crime statistics now in a group form and published in the “Cluster” newsletter.
He will try and attend the annual parish meeting and the Clerk would confirm the date with him a.s.a.p.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above).
The following were noted :- (a) thank you letter from the BRPCC re the £50 donation (b) Boundary Review confirmation from NNDC.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters).
A parishioner had cleared footpath FP17 – members thanked him.

15. To confirm date of next meeting & arrangements for Annual Parish Meeting.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 9th May, 2018. (Election of Chair & Vice-Chair)
This would follow the Annual Parish Meeting which would start at 6.30pm.
The agenda for the APM would have the usual annual reports but hopefully would have much parishioner participation.

This entry was posted in 2018. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *