BRPC Minutes May 2018

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 9th May, 2018 at Scout HQ, Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis – It followed the parish meeting.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Smith, S.Anderson, Mrs.M.Roffe, D.Thompson,
G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright, N.Wright, C.Goodwin, R.Beckley, and the Clerk. Also present was one member of the public.

1a. To elect the Chairman and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
M.Knowles was again elected chairman and duly signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office. (Prop: RB, Sec: SA).

1b. To elect the Vice-Chair and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
R.Beckley was again elected vice-chair and duly signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office. (Prop: MK, Sec: SA).

1c. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church. Apologies were also received from J.Oliver (NCC) who had attended the annual parish meeting.

1d. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 11/4/18.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: DT, Sec: MR).

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
G.Sadler £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £300.36,(net salary),
HMRC £18.60 (tax on salary), Morston PC £57.69 (GDPR training),
P.Bullimore £49.31 (admin exps), G.W.R.Beckley £10.00 (newsletter delivery),
Secret Gdns £130.00 (grass cutting), J.Green Payroll Serv £70.00 (payroll serv),
Came & Co £698.23 (insurance 2018/9), Norfolk ALC £234.66 (sub 2018/9).
*** The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: RS) (cheques 101877 – 101886). The reconciled bank balances, as checked and agreed, were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £ 8947.31, and A/C 10162140 £4906.64.
(b) To consider the following for 2017/18 :- Internal Audit Report, Annual
Governance Statement, Accounting Statement, SA Certificate of Exemption.
All members had received copies of the Accounts and associated papers. (i) a satisfactory Internal Audit report was read to members – noted. (ii) members agreed the Annual Governance Statement (Prop: SA, Sec: GD) which was duly signed by the Chair and RFO. (iii) members agreed the detailed Accounts and the Annual Accounting Statement (Prop: SA, Sec: GD) which was duly signed by the Chair/RFO.
(iv) members agreed to submit the SA Certificate of Exemption (Prop: SA, Sec: GD) which was duly signed by the Chair/RFO. The Clerk would submit the certificate to PKF Littlejohn (External Auditors).

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting.
Nothing received.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
PF/18/0460; Side extn at Priory Pebbles, Beeston Common.
It was agreed to support this application (Prop: DT, Sec: RS).
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing.
Nothing further to report.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
Referring to last months minutes the Chair reported that the campsite, that had been reported to NNDC Planning Enforcement Dept., had received their agreement. It had been issued with an exemption certificate by an approved body and therefore did not need planning permission. Noted by members.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
(a) To receive update re inspection of footpaths in the parish.
Inspections had been completed and reports given to the Chair for onward transmission to Norfolk CC.
(b) To further consider consultation on draft Norfolk Access Improvement Plan
It was agreed not to respond to this consultation.
(c) To receive update re maintenance of Pillbox – Britons Lane.
Carried forward to next agenda.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
SLCC Summer Conference – 15/6/18, Carrow Rd., Norwich – Noted.

8. To receive update re “Battles Over” – WW1 tribute in November, 2018.
Beeston Hall School had been confirmed as the venue – c/fwd to next agenda.

9. To receive update re defibrillator for the village.
Carried forward to the next agenda.

10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To receive update re LCAS.
No further news re quality status application.
(b) To receive update re a new PC questionnaire
Carried forward to next agenda.
(c) To receive update/consider new General Data Protection Regulations.
The PC had accepted its responsibilities under GDPR and had approved a GDPR Policy and a GDPR Privacy Statement/Promise, both of which had been posted to the PC website. The Clerk was to carry out an information audit and the related risk assessment work. The PC had received a training certificate for GDPR following members attendance at both Northrepps and Morston training sessions.

(d) To receive update re welcome/information leaflet for B/Regis.
Carried forward to next agenda.
(e) To consider appointments & arrangements as per standing order 5(k)
(PC Representatives, Land & Assets, Insurance, Subscriptions, PC Calendar,Bank Mandates, Internal Auditor, and Bank Signatories)
The following was agreed (Prop: GD, Sec: DT) ;-
PC Representatives: Church Field Charity – RB, Hooke Charity – RB, MW, & GD,
Sheringham Society – GD, Police SNAP Meetings – CG & GD, NNDC Planning Committee Meetings – as appointed at the time.
Land & Assets: All agreed as in the Asset Register contained in the Annual Accounts; Annual Inspection by PC in the autumn; private contractors cover the street lights.
Insurance: Complete review carried out annually; recent decision- 3 year agreement.
Subscriptions: Agreed to continue with NALC, SLCC, and NPTS.
PC Calendar: Meetings to continue on 2nd Wednesday of the month (on website).
Bank Mandates: Agreed Direct Debit to E-on and Standing Order to T.T.Jones.
Internal Auditor: Agreed to appoint S.Meakin for another year (2018/19).
Bank Signatories: RB, MR, and MW to continue as signatories.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
J.Oliver (NCC) had given a full report to the Annual Parish Meeting and updated verbally on (a) Splash update (b) Holway Road roundabout (c) Sheringham pedestrianisation.
M.Knowles (NNDC) had nothing to add to his APM Report.

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
PC Ian Smith had reported to the APM and had reminded people of the low crime rate in Beeston Regis. However he asked everyone to stay vigilant and keep communicating with the police on anything seen that was suspicious.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above).
Nothing received.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters).
No comments.

15. To confirm date of next meeting.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 13th June, 2018. – 7pm.

This entry was posted in 2018. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *