BRPC Draft Minutes June 2018

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 13th June, 2018 at Scout HQ, Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis – 7pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Smith, Mrs.M.Roffe, D.Thompson, S.Anderson, N.Wright, Mrs.M.Wright, C.Goodwin, R.Beckley, and the Clerk. Also present was one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church. Apologies were also received from J.Oliver (NCC).

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 9/5/18.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: DT, Sec: MR).

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
G.Sadler £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £343.56,(net salary),
HMRC £29.40 (tax on salary), S.Meakin £90.00 (internal audit fee),
P.Bullimore £49.17 (admin exps), M.Wright £4.80 (APM exps),
Secret Gdns £130.00 (grass cutting).
*** The above cheques, scheduled on the agenda, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: SA)
(cheques 101891 – 101897). The reconciled bank balances, as checked and agreed, were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £1,103.41 and A/C 10162140 £11,156.64.
(b) To consider contract extension with T.T.Jones Electrical re street lighting.
It was agreed to extend the contract with T.T.Jones Electrical Ltd for a further two years (Prop: RS, Sec: MR). No change in cost or terms and conditions.

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting
PF/18/0096; Dwelling at rear of Meadow Cottages, Beeston Common; Withdrawn.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
None received.
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing.
Nothing further to report.
(d) PF/18/1033; Vehicle access & Hardstanding at 4, Britons Lane.
It was agreed no objections to this application. (Prop:RB, Sec: DT)

(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
Nothing to consider.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
(a) To receive update re maintenance of Pillbox – Britons Lane.
RB reported that he had scheduled some maintenance work for the following week and members approved expenditure up to £120 (Prop: DT, Sec: SA).

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
The Clerk announced the following :-
Meeting re Cromer Shoal Chalk Bed (H.Cox) – 2/7/18- MR, MW, RS to attend.
N.Lamb MP – Village Tour – 30/8/18, 11.40am, Britons Lane car park. – Noted
Merchant Navy Day – 3/9/18 – Flag ceremony – as last year.
RB reported on his attendance at the Scouts AGM.

8. To receive update re “Battles Over” – WW1 tribute in November, 2018.
RB reported good progress moving this forward with an information brochure/programme running into 28 pages and Beeston Hall School taking a partnership role. RB had applied for a grant for this event and was meeting the headmaster of the school again very soon.

9. To receive update re defibrillator for the village.
No further news. Still waiting for BT to decommission the phone box.

10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To receive update re LCAS.
The Clerk confirmed the news that BRPC was now a Quality Council. Confirmation had been received from NALC and the official certificate would follow soon.
(b) To receive update re a new PC questionnaire
No further news.
(c) To receive update/consider new General Data Protection Regulations.
The Clerk reported that he was to carry out a full audit of information held and a risk assessment fairly soon.
(d) To receive update re welcome/information leaflet for B/Regis.
It was agreed to carry this forward to the next agenda.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
*** J.Oliver (NCC) reported via email on the following :- (a) reduction in bus services (b) arts & culture fund (c) community transport fund (d) repairs to Sheringham promenade (e) mobile phone coverage (f) road markings at southern end of Holway Road (g) promotional films of N.Norfolk (h) SNAP meetings (i) blue flag beaches (j) new NCC Leader (Andrew Proctor) (k) concerns re bonfires.
*** M.Knowles (NNDC) informed members of the new Chair (Nick Coppack) and Vice-Chair (Brian Hannah).

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
Nothing received since the “Cluster” newsletter.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above).
Thank you letter from Parochial Church Council re donation.
14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters).
A parishioner mentioned the recent award (MBE) to Hilary Cox and members instructed the Clerk to write congratulating her.

15. To confirm date of next meeting.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 11th July, 2018. – (7pm).
S.Anderson offered his apologies for this meeting.

This entry was posted in 2018. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *