BRPC Minutes July 2018

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 11th July, 2018 at Scout HQ, Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis – 5pm.

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), Mrs.M.Roffe, D.Thompson, Mrs.M.Wright, R.Beckley, and the Clerk. Also present were eleven members of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from M.Church, R.Smith, G.Dyson, S.Anderson, C.Goodwin, and N.Wright. Apologies were also received from J.Oliver.

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 13/6/18.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: DT, Sec: MR).

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
Requests to speak on items 5(e) and 6.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
G.Sadler £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £307.20,(net salary),
HMRC £20.40 (tax on salary), E.Farrow £45.00 (VAS mtce),
P.Bullimore £46.95 (admin exps), National ALC £48.00 (LCAS fee),
Secret Gdns £130.00 (grass cutting).G.W.R.Beckley £90.00 (pill-box work)
*** The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: MR) (cheques 101898 – 101905 incl). The reconciled bank balances, as checked and agreed, were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £5350.57, and A/C 10162140 £6160.29.

5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting
PF/18/1033; Vehicle access/hardstanding, 4, Britons Lane – Approved by NNDC.
PF/18/0460; Erectn of side extension, Priory Pebbles, Beeston Common – Withdrawn
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
PF/18/1235; Variation re roof tiles; Mursley, Britons Lane.
It was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: RB, Sec: MW).
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing.
Nothing further to report.
(d) To note NNDC study re protecting green spaces.
Members noted NNDC’s topic paper that had been published and was available on their website. This was to be included in the first draft of the new Local Plan available early next year, at which time consultation would take place.

(e) To inform members of potential easing of covenants at B/Regis Holiday Park.
The Chair opened the discussion by stating that the PC had not been formally consulted by the National Trust/Caravan Park, and that the item had been placed on the agenda because of social media chat and the need to properly inform members of the current situation. There were several residents of Church Close present and although the item had not been intended as a matter for debate, the Chair invited them all to speak. A number of concerns were raised and questions asked. The Chair reminded the meeting that the caravan park already had a planning permission in place for usage of the field in question, and that the PC would not normally be consulted on covenants, only on planning applications. The concerns of the parishioners present were noted and it is understood that Norman Lamb MP had been informed of the current situation. In summary, it was felt that, with regard to the covenants in place, this was a matter for the National Trust to liaise with the caravan park and should a planning application subsequently appear then the PC would consider it at the time and respond as a statutory consultee. The Chair allowed considerable time for this item and parishioners left after taking the opportunity to fully air their views.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
This had been duly considered.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
The Chair invited a parishioner to speak on the coastal path who asked about it being re-routed. It was pointed out that the coastal path can only be re-routed by Natural England who always had to have back-up plans because of cliff erosion etc.

(a) To receive update re maintenance of Pillbox – Britons Lane.
RB reported that the maintenance work had been completed and this matter could now be removed from the agenda. The cost to the PC was £90.
(b) To note NCC Highways Partnership Scheme – 2019-20.
The scheme was as in previous years with NCC offering 50% of approved projects/grant applications. Applications closed in December, 2018 and therefore this item would be carried forward to future agendas.
(c) To note/consider dumping of rubbish in Britons Lane area.
It was agreed not to consider this matter any further. Remove from agenda.
(d) To note update, and request for information re Deep History Coast
A monolith would be supplied for Beeston Regis and RB had met with a representative from NNDC when a site (north-west corner of caravan park) had been agreed. It would be a 6ft oak board giving both Deep History Coast information and Beeston Regis information.
(e) To consider repair of seat near glass shelter (A149)
It was agreed the Clerk contacts EF to carry out repairs.
(f) To note annual inspection report re street lights.
The Clerk reported that this years inspection had found no defects.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
The Clerk announced the following :-
Sheringham TC, WW1 Commemmoration: RB to liaise and attend meetings.
Sheringham TC, Town Centre Development Group; rep. to attend future meetings
Hornsea Windfarm meeting in Holt (N.Lamb MP to chair) – Clerk attending.
MR reported on the Cromer Shoal Chalk Bed meeting, which was also attended by MW and RS. Many people were enthusiastic regarding preserving the chalk bed and representatives from the local fishermen, NNDC, and other interested parties were in attendance. Discussions took place re a future approach, including promotion and protection of the area.

8. To receive update re “Battles Over” – WW1 tribute in November, 2018.
RB was to meet the headmaster of the school next week. He was still seeking information from families of servicemen involved with WW1.

9. To receive update re defibrillator for the village.
There was still no news re the telephone box. RB would chase up BT.

10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To receive update re a new PC questionnaire
Carried forward to the next meeting.
(b) To receive update/consider new General Data Protection Regulations.
The Clerk was still working on the information audit. All emails/correspondence sent by the clerk linked recipients to the PC’s website (Policy/Statement/Promise).
(c) To receive update re welcome/information leaflet for B/Regis.
Following a request from CG, via email, it was agreed the Chair and the Clerk would produce a final draft for approval at the next meeting.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
*** J.Oliver (NCC) reported via email on the following (a) Deep History Coast Project (b) Fly-tipping (c) N.Nfk Local Plan (d) New services to support health and wellbeing (e) Big Society Fund (f) Travellers sites (g) Update re Splash.
*** M.Knowles (NNDC), confirming the above report, added that NNDC underspent £998k to March 2018, and the contract with Kier was being extended.

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
The “Cluster” newsletter had been received.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above).
Nothing received.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters).
RB reported on a tree that appeared to have been dumped in the lay-by near the old rectory. He also informed members of some work organised by the Hooke Charity.

15. To confirm date of next meeting.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 8th August, 2018 (7pm)

This entry was posted in 2018. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *