LOCAL COUNCIL ELECTIONS
Parish Council Elections – 2nd May, 2019.
Would you like to become a local councillor and make a difference?
Elections for Town & Parish Councils will be held in May, 2019 and if you want to represent the views of local people, have concerns about services provided to your community, and could contribute your own skills, then we want to hear from you.
If you would like to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of our community, why not stand for election?
If you are interested, come along to a very informal “meet the parish council” session on Wednesday, 20th March, 2019 at 6.30pm at the Scout HQ., Cromer Road,
Beeston Regis to find out what’s involved. Our monthly meeting will follow at 7pm.
Further details regarding elections can be obtained from Electoral Services, at
North Norfolk District Council (01263 516266)
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively contact our Parish Clerk
Your Parish Councillors
BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL
|Mike Knowles (Chair) 01263 825995||3, Caxton Close, Beeston Regis, NR26 8SU|
|Roy Beckley (Vice-Chair) 01263 837619||Nightingales, Church Close, West Runton, NR27 9QY|
|Ralph Smith||13 Britons Lane, Beeston Regis, Sheringham. NR26 8SJ|
|Nicholas Wright||Heathside, Britons Lane, Beeston Regis, NR26 8TP|
|Margaret Roffe||28 Robyns Road, Beeston Regis, NR26 8YJ|
|Derek Thompson||43 Abbey Park , Beeston Regis, NR26 8SR|
|Maisie Wright||Heathside, Britons Lane, Beeston Regis, NR26 8TP|
|Michael Church||21 Morley Rd., Sheringham, NR26 8JE|
|Geoffrey Dyson||19 Regis Ave., Beeston Regis, NR26 8SN|
|Chris Goodwin||14 Hillside Road, Beeston Regis NR26 8TT|
|Steve Anderson||65 Abbey Park, Beeston Regis NR26 8SS|
Peter Bullimore 24, Beech Avenue, Sheringham, NR26 8NS(Tel: 01263 822864)
e-mail: [email protected]
If you have any comment, or would like to make a contribution to this website you can e-mail us at [email protected] Please note that this address is purely for this purpose and any Parish Council business should be addressed via the Clerk in the normal manner.
The Parish Council has 11 seats, all of which are currently filled.
It meets monthly (usually on the second Wednesday of the month) at The Scout Headquarters, Cromer Road, Beeston Regis at 7.00pm.
- Notices/Agendas are displayed throughout the Parish including four Parish Council noticeboards.
- Minutes, when approved by the council, are available to the public at Sheringham Library. Draft Minutes are also available on the BRPC website.
- The Parish Council produces a regular newsletter, “Beeston Regis News” for its parishioners which is delivered to households quarterly.
- The Parish Council welcomes the views and input from parishioners and always has a spot on its agendas for “public participation”. The chairman regularly calls for adjournments during meetings to allow public participation on items where they have made a request to speak.
- The Council is represented on numerous bodies and members report back to the Parish Council regularly.
- The Council is a member of the Norfolk Association of Local Councils (NALC) and of the Norfolk Rural Community Council.
- The precept for the year 2018/19 is £12,500.
- Donations are made to numerous bodies including All Saints’ Church (for the upkeep of the graveyard).
- Copies of the accounts can be obtained from the Clerk.
A copy of the Chairman of the Council’s Annual Report for 2018, along with the Income and Expenditure details, can be found in the Legal Requirements section.