BRPC Minutes September 2012

BEESTON   REGIS   PARISH  COUNCIL 

 

Minutes of the meeting on Wednesday, 12th September, 2012  at the Scout HQ., Cromer Road, Beeston Regis  –  7pm.

 

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), Mrs.M.Roffe, D.Thompson, Mrs.M.Wright, C.Goodwin, R.Beckley, and the Clerk. Also present were B.Hannah(NCC), Mrs.A.Sweeney (NNDC), PCSO.G.Bridges, and four members of the public.

 

1a. To receive and consider apologies

Apologies were received and accepted from G.Dyson, P.Kemp, B.Hill, M.Church and H.Roper.

 

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items

RB declared an interest in 5(b) – This was a personal interest as he lived nearby the property under discussion.

 

2.  To approve the minutes of meeting held  8/8/12  (circulated)

These had been circulated and were accepted as a true record (Prop: MR, Sec: DT).

 

3.  Resolution re Public Participation (requests to speak on specific items)

No requests to speak on a specific agenda item.

 

It was agreed to take the County and Districts Councillors reports next followed by the Police Report – see minutes 11 and 12.

 

4.   Finance:

      (a)  To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:

C.Allen £70.00, (Bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £281.40,(net salary),

HMRC £16.80 (tax on salary), W.Runton Scouts £25.00, (hire of hall),

P.Bullimore £61.80, (Admin exps), Mazars £162.00, (external audit fee),

Secret Gardens £110.00, (Grass verge cutting), Morston PC £5.50 (copying)

The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: RB).

An additional payment to The Information Commissioner in the sum of £35.00 was also approved (Prop: DT, Sec:RB). The bank balances were as follows :-

A/C 10162132 £3468 and A/C 10162140 £2152..

(b)    To consider request from Church for £450 towards Graveyard expenses.

It was agreed to donate £450 as in the previous year (Prop: MW, Sec: DT)

(c)     To note appointment of External Auditors for 5 years from 2012/13.

A letter from the Audit Commission confirmed Mazars as the external auditors for the next five years – noted.

(d)    To note External Auditors Report for Accounts to 31/3/12.

The Clerk read the satisfactory audit report which along with the copy of the Annual Return would be displayed on the notice board. RB suggested using the two main boards.

 

5.   Planning:

(a)      To note decisions/information  received from NNDC since last meeting

A copy of the Report to the Development Control Committee in respect of the Bodham Wind Turbine had been received and would be circulated. (refused)

(b)      To consider planning applications received since agenda printed

PF/12/1007 – Erectn of First Floor Extn & Garage, Beeston Spinney, Church Close:

It was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: MR, Sec: MW) –RB abstained.

(c)       PF/12/0905 – Change of use & 1st floor extn, Pinewood, Sheringwood

It was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: RB, Sec: DT)

(k)        To further consider Affordable Housing

Following receipt of the recent negative news the Clerk was asked to speak with the architect to see if he was prepared to continue looking for a site.

(l)           To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.

An e-mail with photographs had been received in respect of the signage at the stone pits entrance from NNDC Planning Enforcement Dept. This would be circulated.

No further news regarding the property in Britons Lane.

 

6    Highways and Footpath Matters (incl. mtce of footpaths and grit bin)

** Footpaths/PROW: MK & RB to attend CPRE workshop.

** Grass area, Caxton Pk: News expected from NNDC soon.

** Grit Bin, Robyns Rd: Following meeting with the Highways Engineer it was agreed to purchase a grit bin for Robyns Rd (Prop: RB, Sec: DT)

** Speed Awareness Signs: placed in wrong position – to be rectified.

** Highways Rangers: the approaches to the A149 railway bridge had been tidied.

The Clerk was asked to speak with the Highways Engineer re various matters and also follow up the communication with Network Rail re clearing weeds from FP17.

 

7.   Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)

The Clerk announced the following :-

CPRE Workshop re Footpaths on 20/9/12 – MK and RB to attend.

Nfk Coast Conference on 3/10/12 at Fakenham – noted.

Ambulance Service cuts meeting on 17/10/12 at Cromer – MR and DT to attend.

NALC’s AGM on 1/11/12 – noted.

RB reported on his attendance at the Coastal Issues Forum on 10/9/12. He thought coastal land owners and other interested parties should be attending these meetings.

The Clerk reported that he had welcomed N.Lamb MP when he visited during his village tour. He mentioned the PCs concerns re footpaths and PROW. to him.

 

8.   PC Assets:

(a)        To receive verbal report re lighting by the Clerk.

The Clerk reported a day burner on the A149 near the Sheringham boundary which had been reported to the contractors.

9.   To note position re Ambulance Service cuts

There had been much publicity regarding this matter since the last meeting including the interest and concerns of N.Lamb MP. The meeting for parish councillors to be held at Cromer Parish Hall on 17/10/12  will be attended by MR and DT.

 

10. Quality Parish Status & Governance 

(a)       To consider Quarterly Newsletter (Sept)

Items for the newsletter had been discussed last month but the Chair told members he would be happy to receive other contributions.

 

 

(b)      To review Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.

It was agreed that no amendments to FRs and SOs was required.

                                                           

11.   To receive reports from District & County Councillors

B.Hannah (NCC)  referred to the signs at the entrance to the stone pits for which the PC had received an e-mail from the NNDC Planning Enforcement Officer (see 5).

Enquiries regarding the ownership/responsibility of the ditch adjacent to Beeston Common were still ongoing.

Mrs.Sweeney (NNDC) reported that the District Council was looking at concerns and complaints about evening parking fees. She also spoke about the Bodham Wind Turbine planning application.

 

12.   Sect.17, Crime & Disorder Act (incl.Police Report).

PCSO.Bridges apologised for not being able to give a crime report due to IT problems.  Members were informed of the imminent move to the new fire station offices although public access was still available at the old police station two days per week.

 

13.   To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above)

The Clerk drew members attention to the following :- NCC Your Norfolk magazine and information regarding Victory Housing Community Awards – members agreed that these need not be circulated..

 

14.   Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters)

Prop: DT, Sec: MK – agreed.  R.Oliver asked members to inform him of any contact or experiences that they had with NNDC Planning Enforcement

 

15.   To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items

This was confirmed for Wed.10th October, 2012 (7pm).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *