BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 13th January, 2016 at the Scout HQ.,
Cromer Rd, Beeston Regis – commencing at 7pm.
Present: M.Knowles (Chair), R.Smith, D.Thompson, G.Dyson, Mrs.M.Wright,
N.Wright, C.Goodwin, Mrs.S.Goodwin, R.Beckley, and the Clerk.
Also present were PCSOs Bridges and Slade, an EDP/NN.News representative, and one member of the public.
1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received from Mrs.M.Roffe and M.Church. Apologies were also received from B.Hannah (NCC).
1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No declarations of interest.
- To approve the minutes of meeting held 9/12/15.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: MW, Sec: DT)
3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
A parishioner requested to speak on item 12.
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
C.Allen £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £272.90,(net salary),
HMRC £43.00 (tax on salary), West Runton Scouts £25.00 (hire of hall),
P.Bullimore £43.45, (admin exps).
*** The above payments, scheduled on the agenda, plus two urgent payments, were approved (Prop: GD, Sec: DT). The urgent payments were as follows :- E.Farrow
£135.00, handrail at Daisy Green, and Westcotec Ltd, £240.00 for VAS brackets.
Bank balances were as follows:- A/C 10162132 £3540 and A/C 10162140 £4198.
The Clerk reminded members that the 50% grant (re VAS), due to be received from Norfolk CC., was still outstanding.
- To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting.
PF/15/1677; Side & rear extn. at St.Patricks, Church Close – permission given.
- To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
PF/15/1839; Conversion & extn of garage to create residential annexe:
It was agreed no objections on condition that (a) the garage must remain ancillary to the main property (b) must not be used for holiday letting and (c) no separate entrance is to be constructed. (Prop: MK, Sec: GD).
- Update re Affordable Housing
Nothing to report since the last meeting.
- PF/15/1781; Erectn of Sun Rm/Conservatory at B/Regis Lodge, Sheringwood
It was agreed no objections to this application (Prop: DT, Sec: NW)
- To note/consider the Informal Hearing re the Priory Maze Appeal.
Following a brief discussion it was agreed that a PC representative would not speak at the hearing scheduled for 21/1/16.
- To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
This had been duly considered during planning matters.
- Highways/Footpath matters.
- Update re Highways Partnership Scheme & vehicle activated signs
The Clerk had received verbal positive reports re the VAS and the extra brackets had been received. The 50% grant claim had been submitted to NCC Highways Dept which included the cost of the extra brackets. It was agreed to remove this item from future agendas.
- To note/consider deadline for registration of historic public rights of way.
The NCC Definitive Map was to be circulated for members to consider this matter.
** The Clerk asked members to note that (a) Highways Rangers were visiting the parish week commencing 29/2/16 (b) the damaged fence on the southern side of the A149 approaching the railway bridge had been reported to NCC Highways (c) Secret Gardens had been instructed to deal with the mole problems around Priory Close.
- Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
The Clerk had no new announcements. GD reported that he had attended a meeting of the Sheringham Society.
- To further consider future use of PC land (Daisy Green).
The handrail had been constructed/installed. No reply had been received from Sheringham TC. It was agreed that MR purchases a small quantity of bulbs to plant in the borders at Daisy Green.
It was also agreed to remove this matter from the agenda.
- To further consider quality of mobile phone signal in the parish.
B.Hannah (NCC) was still to report back to the PC.
- Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
- To receive update re LCAS and consider/adopt the Communication & Engagement Policy, Health & Safety Policy, Disciplinary/Grievance Procedure, and Training Policy.
The Clerk had no further news re the PC’s application for Foundation Status.
Following some good work by SG the draft of the Health & Safety Policy was agreed and adopted (Prop: MK, Sec: RB). The Chair asked that a vote of thanks be recorded in the minutes regarding SG’s very comprehensive work.
- To receive update from Hooke Charity re purchase of Defibrillator (RB)
RB stated that he hoped to report to members at the next meeting.
- To further consider the 800th Anniversary of the Priory
The Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust and Norfolk CC had noted the PC’s interest in assisting with the anniversary celebrations. A parishioner (Mr.S.Pegg) had been appointed as a director of the NHBT and hopefully would be overseeing these celebrations on behalf of the trust. The Chair adjourned the meeting and Mr.Pegg said that things such as guided tours, people in period costume, and the creation of an old photo gallery had already been put forward as ideas. The Chair thanked SP and re-opened the meeting.
- To receive reports from District & County Councillors
M.Knowles (NNDC) spoke re the following :- (a) interim sharing of senior officers appears to be working OK and will save NNDC money (b) sections of the Holt Road offices now being used by other agencies such as NCC Childrens Services and the DWP (c) a possible review of ward boundaries (d) NNDC was recently awarded the gold standard for Investors in People (e) the Planning Dept. was still short of staff.
- Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
PCSO.Bridges, accompanied by PCSO Slade who was taking over her duties, reported on the following :- (a) various calls made to the police during November & December (b) there was no recorded crimes during that period (c) congratulations to the PC on the recently acquired VAS. The Chair and members thanked PCSO.Bridges for her work in the parish, and input at council meetings, and wished her success in her new post.
- To consider holding a PC meeting at Beeston Hall School
The Clerk reported that the headmaster was of the opinion that the average age of the pupils was too low for them to be interested in parish council work. It was agreed to leave this matter.
- To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above)
Christmas cards had been received from the Chair of NNDC & N.Lamb MP.
- Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters)
Prop: DT, Sec: GD – agreed – meeting adjourned.
The press officer stated the advantages of being able to see planning applications online – meeting re-opened.
- To confirm date of next meeting & future agenda items.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 10th February, 2016. (7pm)