BRPC Minutes June 2019

BEESTON REGIS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday, 12th June, 2019 at Scout HQ, Cromer Rd., Beeston Regis. – (7pm)

Present: M.Knowles (Chair), M.Roffe, D.Thompson, S.Kent, G.Dyson, N.Wright, M.Wright, C.Goodwin, R.Beckley and the Clerk. Also present was one member of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from R.Smith and S.Anderson. Apologies were also received from J.Oliver (NCC) and S.Butikofer (NNDC).

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on agenda items
No interests declared.

2. To approve the minutes of meeting held 15/5/19.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.
(Prop: GD, Sec: DT).

3 . Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment and note bank balances:
G.Sadler £80.00, (bus shelter cleaning),P.Bullimore £316.40 (net salary),
HMRC £11.20 (tax on salary), P.Bullimore £43.78 (clerks exps)
Secret Gdns £130.00 (grass cutting)
*** The above payments, as scheduled on the agenda, plus one other payment, were approved (Prop: DT, Sec: MW). The “other” payment was in the sum of £100.00 payable to S.Meakin for Internal Audit fees. (cheques 101987 – 992). The reconciled bank balances, as checked and agreed, were as follows :- A/C 10162132 £4247.91 and
A/C 10162140 £8424.65. – Noted.
(b) To note/consider the Internal Audit Report to 31.3.19
The satisfactory internal audit report was read to members and noted.
(c) To approve the Governance Statement to 31.3.19
The Governance Statement was discussed, approved, & signed. (Prop: MR, Sec: GD)
(d) To consider/approve the Accounts & Accounting Statement to 31.3.19.
The Clerk stated that balances at 31/3/19 were nearly £1k up on the previous year in spite of expenditure on the WW1 commemoration and the Defibrillator. After consideration of the accounts, which had already been circulated to members, the Accounting Statement to 31/3/19 was approved (Prop: DT, Sec: MW). The statement was duly signed by the Chair and Clerk/RFO.
(e) To consider the SA Certificate of Exemption to 31.3.19.
It was agreed to complete the certificate of exemption for another year (Prop: MW, Sec: GD). Signed by Chair and Clerk/RFO.
(f) To note re-declaration of compliance with the Pensions Regulator.
The Clerk asked members to note that he had completed an on-line declaration for pension purposes and the PC was again compliant (no pensionable employees).
5. Planning:
(a) To note decisions/information received from NNDC/NCC since last meeting
The following was noted :-
PF/19/0285; 222, Cromer Rd., side & front extensions – Approved.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda printed
None received.
(c) To receive update re Affordable Housing.
Nothing further to report.
(d) To further consider development activity on land adjacent A149 lay-by.
The Chair would be referring this outstanding matter to S.Butikofer (NNDC) hoping to receive some answers from the Planning Enforcement Dept.
(e) To consider consultation on NNDCs draft new Local Plan.
The Chair stated that members needed to consider the issue of whether small segments of land should be included in the draft Local Plan for development, and possibly changing the parish category from “countryside” to “small growth village”. After discussion it was agreed that no further land should be suggested for development and the PC would not submit a response to the consultation.
(m) To consider PCs responsibilities re the AONB.
Nothing to consider.

**** N.Wright asked whether the PC had received consultation papers from Norfolk County Council regarding the quarry extension as planning notices had been placed adjacent to the site. The Clerk had received no information and would make enquiries immediately. As members main concerns were about traffic using Britons Lane and the problems of signage from the A148 it was agreed to give delegated authority to the Chair and Vice-Chair to draft a response to NCC as soon as possible.

6. Highways/Footpath matters.
(a) To further consider memorial, flower borders, & shrubs in the parish
In the absence of RS it was agreed to carry this matter forward to the next agenda.
(b) To consider village logo on Bus Shelter (CG)
CG gave a brief report regarding the type of sign and referred to problems of vandalism. He was still obtaining quotations and would report back to members as soon as possible.

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
Celebrations re VE Day 75 years anniversary would take place in 2020 and RB said that he would bring this matter to the agenda next month and give further details.
MR and SK would be attending the training evening at Overstrand PC on 24/6/19.
MK gave a brief report regarding the Parish Paths Seminar he attended with RS and the Clerk. The Clerk would circulate an information pack giving further details.

8. To consider the draft National Flood & Coastal Erosion Risk Man. Strategy
The Chair stated that this was a lengthy document and it was preferable that individuals respond to this rather than the PC as a corporate body. Members agreed.

9. To receive further update re the defibrillator.
Further information re the use of the defibrillator was to be published in the newsletter.

10. Local Council Award Scheme & Governance
(a) To further consider a parish questionnaire.
It was agreed that Councillors MK, SK, and CG would try and progress this matter as a sub-group and report back to members when appropriate.

11. To receive reports from District & County Councillors
J.Oliver (NCC) reported via email on the following :- (a) Highways were keeping a watching brief re the Sheringham sink-hole (b) Volunteering – NCC running a volunteer week (c) Creativity & Wellbeing week taking place from 10/6/19 – 16/6/19 when many events were planned..

12. Police Report /Sect.17 Crime & Disorder Act.
“Cluster” newsletters still being received. The Clerk informed members that he did not get an acknowledgement for agendas and minutes and had no communication whatsoever with SNT Sheringham for a long while.

13. To receive Correspondence (not included in agenda items above).
No general correspondence.

14. Resolution re Public Participation (comments/other matters).
The following matters were raised :-
VAS not working on Britons Lane – Clerk to speak with contractor.
Congratulations letter to Sir Norman Lamb MP – Clerk to send.
Welcome Booklets – small stock left for “new” parishioners.
Bench Seat nr.Church Close – Clerk to contact contractor for advice.

15. To confirm date of next meeting.
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 10th July, 2019 – 7pm.

This entry was posted in 2019. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *